Become a certified SCUBA diver in the actual waters of the Caribbean instead of in a pool. Like learning on the job, you can take any of the seven courses and achieve different levels of certification and diving expertise. So, if you want the skills to be able to go with a dive master, or if you want to become a dive master yourself, do it while on vacation with Monkey Business! Below are our various courses:
Diver Master Course $660.00 USD
- Includes tax, chamber fee, all the dives within a 2 week period
- Course time could take from 2 weeks up to an internship of 1 month. Time frame is from 8 am to 5 pm with a lunch break. The more time they spend around the dive center the better training they receive.
- Consists of lots of diving, accumulation of up to 60 logged dives before certification, knowledge reviews on Dive Master Manual, assistance of open water courses with the instructor, supervision of certified divers, briefing and planning dives for certified divers, classroom work with new dive student and with instructor.
Achievement – Dive Master Certification, first step as a professional in the diving industry.
Open Water Certification $500.00 USD
- Includes tax, pick card, study material, and dive equipment
- 8:30 am or 1:30 pm for 2 full days and 2 half days
- Consists of reading textbook, watching video on open water dive manual, lectures/class work/testing from instructor, confined water practice dive for skills and fear use, 4 open water certification dives.
- Completion of all modules 1, 2, 3, 4, & 5
- Video manuals, no depth limitation
Achievement: completion of Open Water Certification, lifetime diver.
Rescue Dive Course $450.00 USD
- Includes tax, chamber fee
- Duration: 3-4 days
- Consists of surface and outside the water skill, learning how to assess an emergency situation, and 9 rescue scenarios.
- Student must be a current EFR or something similar. If not, then he/she needs to take the EFR course. Doctors automatically qualify.
Achievement: Emergency assessment and rescue skills.
- Includes all study material and gear
- 8:30 am or 1:30 pm, 2 days
- Consists of class work/quizzes from manual and video modules 1, 2, 3
- Confined water skills 1, 2, 3
- 2 certifying open water dives to 40 ft.
Achievement: Certified SCUBA diver (lifetime) to dive under supervision of PADI professional (dive master or higher) to a maximum depth of 40 feet.
Advanced Open Water $390.00 USD
- Includes tax, pick card, and book material
- 8:30 am or 1:30 pm, minimum 2 days
- Consists of reading advanced open water manual, lectures and testing by instructor, 5 specialty dives: drift dive, boat dive, navigation dive, deep dive, night dive
Open Water Referral $300.00 USD
- Includes tax, pick card, book material, and all equipment
- Hologram decal is required
- 8:30 am or 1:30 pm 2 days, 2 dives each day
- Consists of 4 certification open dives with instructor. Need to present referral papers from instructor on academic classes/confined water previously done.
Achievement: Open Water Certification, lifetime diver.
Resort Course $160.00 USD
- Includes equipment, materials, and Hol Chan park fee
- Instruction lecture on dive procedures, equipment setup and use, practice of skills and use of gear, in water at Hol Chan shallow area, proceed to doing a 1 tank dive at Hol Chan (30 ft dive).
Achievement: Basic SCUBA diver for a duration of 2 weeks from course date with Monkey Business only. Diving under supervision of a PADI professional, to a max depth of 40 ft.
Refresher Course $140.00 USD